The Hunter. Acrylics on Watercolour paper.
In the beginning there were triangles and the decision to mix ultramarin and white, in order to get several shades of blue. I had this yellow-orange underpainting, and I found out that it was almost impossible to cover that with ultramarine. Then I remembered that you should put on white first, and then the colour of your choice. I did that and it worked a lot better. More and more the triangles changed into something like a flying bat, and I gave it a white beard, a snout and two blue eyes.
I not only wanted to practise colour mixing but also working with a small round brush. I felt that I had far better control of it than when I tried acrylics for the first time!