Apple blossoms – studies
These are some studies I did for my new project – Appleblossoms. I wanted to find out which pencils to use in order to get the colours of the blossoms, the leaves and the branch. I love to experiment, so I applied baby oil on dry watercolour pencils. I expected that it would not work because watercolour pencils are not oil based, but, alas – it worked, as you can see on the branch where I did the dark marks with a black watercolour pencil.
The next step will be to do composition sketches. I do not intend to produce a copy of the reference photo because I am not so happy with the composition in the original photo.