This was drawn after a photo reference from the Reference Images Library at WetCanvas. It was one of the photos which served as photo references for the September challenge at the Animals and Wildlife Forum. I took part in that challenge for the first time, but it certainly won’t be the last!
I found doing the background more challenging than doing the animal itself. Somewhere I read that the colour “green” is a difficult one because it is easily done in a way which is not realistic. I used all my greens (light green, two kinds of dark green) and put some blue in it. In the end I did some blending with a very light grey marker.