The Blue Prince
This is how I thought a blue elf prince could look like. I had no reference photo, just the image in my head.
This was done after I had bought a new sharpener for my colored pencils (Note to self: always think of having a really sharp sharpener at home-it makes a lot of difference!
The drawing was done on white sketch paper. I added the background in Photoshop. In order to do this I had to take the following steps:
- Select the portrait with the magic wand.
- Revert the selection.
- Copy and paste to a new file with transparent background.
- Add another layer.
- Choose the appropriate colors for a nice dark gradient.
- Select the gradient tool and draw it across the layer from the upper left to the lower right part of the layer.
- Save as a psd file (this keeps the layers as layers)
- Choose appropriate height and width
- Save as jpg (this creates only one background layer).
I could have experimented much more with the colors of the background layer, but I am quite satisfied with the result for now.