A new week and a resolution
My three weeks’ vacation is over, and the moment you will be reading this I will be off to work again.
I am writing this blog post on Sunday, the last day of my vacation, and the last day of the week (here in Germany, the week begins with Monday!). I had a great vacation with a lot of creative activities, and it was long enough to build some creative habits which included the writing of some short stories, the creation of some digital paintings and, and that is the activity I am very glad about and proud of, drawings and even the coloring of one of those drawings with water color pencils.
During that time it became clear to me that I need those creative activities, that I have been looking forward to them from one day to the next. I am firmly decided to keep them up, even when I will have less time for them due to my regular working hours.
I know that there is nothing worse than making resolutions you can’t keep, so I’ve put together a list of things which can be done even when the time is scarce:
- try out things with my water color pencils without doing a whole painting. That could be: experiment with blending techniques, with different methods of using water.
- explore the tutorials on Youtube
- put up a list of ideas for the next painting/drawing
- download / print out photos which could serve as masters
- as the writing summer space is still going on: write a piece once a week; jot down ideas for possible stories
- set up a creative journal for all those ideas
And always keep in mind: I am entitled to my creative activities – they are not some kind of luxury, they are part of my daily life!