Keep cool, man!
After many months of low temperatures and grey skies Berlin is now being attacked by desert heat – 35 degrees Celsius in the shadow. The weather forecast for next week announces a pleasant 24 degree on Tuesday, but don’t worry – the temperatures will raise again from Wednesday on.
So there’s no problem watching the football match Germany vs Spain in the open air: The match will be shown in the evening (no need to put on sunscreen at that time) and it will still be pleasantly warm, but not too hot.
However one still has to work – inside. I work on the 5th floor under a flat roof. It took me some time to find out how I could create some tolerable working conditions (no air-conditioning at that place, mind you):
- open window in the very early morning.
- close window after one hour, open door of office room.
- put heavy object on doorstep in order to prevent door from shutting with heavy bang.
- tell colleagues in the room next to me that having a window openened at 11.30 in the morning has no cooling effect at all…
- Leave office to fetch something to drink.
I think about adding item no 6: Look at the mousepad below in order to keep cool: