It is the last quarter of the year 2009. In a few days the trees will change their color (they are still green here in Berlin). It is the time of harvesting and harvest festivals. Then November will come–and with it what we in Germany call here a “quiet time”. After that we will celebrate the advent season, the four weeks before Christmas, with candles burning on advent wreaths, and and then Christmas (we begin to celebrate Christmas on the 24th December and the last Christmas holiday is the 26th December). And then New Year’s Eve won’t be far.
Okay, so we have another three months to go. Knowing this makes me think about my goals for the rest of the year 2009. And here they are:
- Live each day as consciously as I can. Enjoy the sun, the colors of autumn, the rain outside and the cozyness of my flat; the tea mug in my hand, the red wine in my glass; the reading of a good book, the talks with people I know and appreciate; delicious food (could be a simple cheese sandwich – oh I love cheddar cheese!); the scent of candles and the color of them in a dark room; music, be it pop, rock or classic.
- Do something for my health: walk instead of taking the bus; use the stairs instead of the elevator; keep up with my weekly yoga class.
- Install small reading retreats–one hour reading a day keeps boredom away!
- Continue with blogging; write one squidoo lens every week, if possible more (Actually I have decided to participate in the Giant Squids Program which lasts from 1st October till the end of the year–the aim is 50 squidoo lenses! I don’t know if I will make it but I have a go at it)
- Open a zazzle shop. I have got so many not-so-bad photos that I could produce some nice things with them. Of course that another thing on top of the to-do-list, but it’s a challenge I would like to meet!
It is funny, but as I am writing down these goals, I am feeling full of energy and motivation. Last quarter of 2009 – Here I come!
What are your goals for the last quarter of 2009? Let’s talk!