Some Thoughts for the Weekend
You might have expected another photo from my travels into the Baltics. I am sorry, but I have to disappoint you for now (There are still a few to come later).
I am afraid but this post is going to get a bit unusual. Don’t worry, nothing geeky or rude, or crazy. Just – unusual.
You see, I am on vacations – for two and a half weeks. Today the first half of these long awaited vacations is over. Besides this the month of July is coming to an end. Both of this makes me stop my usual blogging routine of putting photos up to Flickr and presenting them here on my blog. I sit back and think about time – how fast it goes by, and, most of all, how I used the time.
You must know that I am often thinking that I don’t use the time efficiently, that I could have done more with the time given to me each day. So I decided to write a journal for each of my vacation days. I did a bit of a review today. I did not ask the journal how many activities I managed to put into the free time, but what kind of activities. And I must say, I am rather satisfied with myself:
- I helped a friend of mine to get into the internet, and she’s happy with it.
- I managed to select the proper birthday present for her.
- I managed to clean one of my balconies, something I had been planning for months.
- I enjoyed the warm weather having lunch outside in the restaurant round the corner – felt the pleasant air and the soft summer wind on my skin and in my hair.
- I kept on discovering Squidoo and I am still full of the motivation to learn more about it.
And – most of all – I am enjoying the freedom to do or not do so something!
What is your feeling about time and how you use it?