Celebrating one Year of Blogging
On the 10th July 2008 I wrote my first blog post. No, that isn’t right. I wrote my first blog post with the intention to keep on blogging in English and on WordPress.com.
Before that time I had a German blog which I wrote on in a rather sporadic manner. There wasn’t much traffic coming in, and most of the traffic came from English speaking countries. They liked my pics but could not understand the writing. So I decided finally to change the host to WordPress and the language to English.
Looking back to the months of blogging since July 2008 I can only say that it was one year full of learning:
- I got in contact with a crowd of helpful, kind, communicative people. Here’s to Robert Hruzek, Brad Shorr, Joanna Young, Rosa Say, Karen Swim, Jackie Cameron and Barbara Ling!
- I learned to offer a mixture of photos, drawings (took me some spoonfuls of courage pills to show them to the public!), writings, videos.
- I learned to keep up blogging three times a week (I began with that on January 2009 and managed to keep that schedule).
- I learned to participate in group writing projects (sorry not to participate in July’s group writing project, but could not manage it this month, Robert!).
- And learning all that I additionally learned to see myself as a citizen of the world, and at the same time, got a sharper understanding of myself as a European and German).
So I am looking forward to another year of blogging!