How to Combine Flickr and Blogging, Part II
In my last post I explained how you can insert photos in your blog clicking on the “Blog this” button above your photo in Flickr.
Today I’ll show you a way to insert photos of your Flickr Account in your blog post and schedule your post.
These are the steps:
- Sign in your Flickr account.
- Go to YOUR PHOTOSTREAM
- Select the picture you want to go with your post.
- Click on the button ALL SIZES on the top of the photo.
- You now get a window with your picture and a selection of different sizes on top of it, ranging from square (75×75) to the original size.
- I always click on MEDIUM, but for this post I want a smaller picture, so I click on SMALL.
- After having clicked on SMALL, you get a page with the small picture (so you can still think about changing the size and going for a smaller or bigger one) with two form fields below.
- Both form fields have html-text in it with which the picture is referred to. You have to keep in mind that putting a picture on a web page is something different to inserting a picture in a word document: With word documents the picture becomes a part of the file, whereas with web pages the picture is located somewhere else and has to be referred to or linked to.
- This can be done by giving the URL or the address of the picture.
- This URL is given in the 2nd form field, so you have to go for that.
- So you copy the text given there.
- Go to your blog post (I take wordpress as an example, but the procedure is similar with other blog hosts)
- There must be an icon for inserting images. Click on that icon.
- you are now asked to insert the URL – do it.
- There might be the possibility to insert a caption; you can do that if you want to give additional information about the photo (including the fact that you shot it)
The result may look like this – if you decided to insert a SMALL picture.
At the moment I am typing this, I am still on draft mode – you see how comfortable regarding to scheduling this way of inserting images is!