How to Combine Flickr and Blogging, Part I
You are thinking about putting photos on your blog – which is a very good idea. Photos are wonderful eye catchers, and often they say more than many words.
Two ways of Inserting Photos in your Blog Post
Roughly spoken there are two ways of inserting photos in your blog posts:
- You upload them from your computer to your blog
- You refer to your photos in your Flickr account.
If you haven’t got a Flickr account yet, you can of course do it by uploading your photos from your computer to your blog. But if you have got a blog with the address …blogspot.com or …wordpress.com, both meaning that you have got a free blog host, the number of files you can upload is limited.
So, if you are thinking of using many photos, you’ve got to get a free Flickr account. Just pop over to http://www.flickr.com and register.
You have a Flickr account, and you have been regularly feeding it with photos . One of them would go nicely with one of your next blog posts. How to get it there?
Sign in your Flickr account. Then:
- Select YOU in the top navigation.
- Select YOUR ACCOUNT.
- A new page will open; select EXTENDING FLICKR
- Give the address of your blog.
- Go back to YOU.
- Click on the photo you want to go with your post.
- Directly on top of the photo you can find BLOG THIS.
- Click on BLOG THIS and select your blog.
- A new page will open with a form. You have to fill in the title and the text of your blog post.
- Click on POST ENTRY – your post will be immediately published!
This way of doing it has one advantage: It is easy and fast.
But: You cannot schedule posts. In my blog post next Monday I will show you an alternative which will allow you to schedule your posts. So come back then!