To Tweet or not to Tweet
…That is not the question – at least not for me. I have been on Twitter for quite some time now, and I did not regret it one minute.
There are – more or less – five reasons for me to use Twitter regularly. Mind you – I am speaking for myself. But maybe you find one, or two, or even more of them that could apply to you as well.
- Every time I go there I learn something useful – I get informations about new blog posts, websites I’ve never heard of, interesting people.
- Almost all the people I am following (which means, I can read their tweets) have websites or blogs. They are included in their short biographies. So, I know where to go when I want to have a look at them. I don’t have to bookmark them or subscribe to them.
- I can promote my own blog posts. Due to the different time zones I do that in the morning and in the evening.
- This I combine with promoting other people’s blog posts – I’ve got my reader open and Twitter at the same time, and if I’ve found a post which I find informative, thoughtful and worth reading, I post it on Twitter. It is a matter of give and take.
- And – after all – to tweet for me is like going over to my local pub, meeting persons who became friends, talking about the weather, about one’s plans for the day or the week. It is also a possibility to communicate globally. It makes me feel like a global citizen.
Why do you tweet? Or why don’t you? Let’s talk!